Thursday 10 June 2010

15 minutes at a time... or is that 13 minutes

Today is day 10 of restarting flylady. Her beginner babysteps say that today is about learning that you can do anything for 15 minutes. Now although I do use a timer and set it for 15 minutes, and I am amazed at what can be done (see Dr. Kim's blog for what amazing things can be done!) I have another tactic. My favourite radio soap the Archers is 13 minutes long. I love just pottering during the Archers. Today I sorted some laundry, put some more on, emptied the dishwasher, did some washing up and tidied up a bit.

I am pleased with how the babysteps are going. My 5 minute room rescue this morning involved starting on my desk. Although I haven't finished it, it did make me smile when I walked back in. I think I am learning that by slowly chipping away I will get things sorted, and it will be in smaller chunks than I realised.

tomorrow's babystep is to add an inspirational page to my control journal. I am looking forward to that, as I have never done it before.

Thank you for following me along on this journey, I am finding it really inspiring seeing other people go through it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment