Sunday 6 June 2010

hotspots

Today's babystep was to spend two minutes cleaning up a hotspot. Unlike Dr Kim I didn't take photos. I picked our kitchen table, which we don't use as a table, it is a dumping ground. I spent 2 minutes, and although not clear now, we found the unopened post, and looks better. I am going to concentrate on that and the dining room table, as my hotspots this week. 2 mins a day to keep tidy.

We all have areas like this around the house, and it doesn't take long, but as Dr Kim commented on her blog, even though we know it doesn't take us long, we put it off. Why we do this baffles me?

Thank you for following me on this journey. tomorrow's babystep is to lay clothes out (and do everything that I have already been doing!!).

3 comments:

  1. If we didn't use our table for dining, it would have been much worse, believe me! Tomorrow I'll do our "craft" table hotspot. For sure, the surface that doesn't have regular use seems to breed the hotspots more.

    Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tee-hee, my hotspots are finally decreasing but I do have a kitchen drawer where I put my diary/school papers etc and it needs policing several times *a day*! Going to try and work out a new system... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for clearing hotspots!
    I've found that if I put something in a hotspot the rest of the family quickly follows. The bench and dining table have been cleared for 3 days now! The coffee table is another matter as DD uses it to do her homework...even though she has a desk. It's amazing how the 2mins once or twice a day keeps them under control.

    ReplyDelete