Thursday 3 June 2010

Shoes, shoes, shoes

What a day, I got dressed as soon as I could in the morning (I'm afraid I did go to the computer first) but didn't put any shoes on (more about that later). I got on with various things (washing, ironing etc) and then decided that the cat needed to go to the vet. At least I was dressed and able to take him. It was quite an emotional time at the vets (I am very soppy and he hates the vets, I hate doing that to him) and I did end up crying a bit. I felt a bit silly, but sometimes those tears flow (I am also not sleeping that well at the moment so am tired) and there is nothing that I can do to stop it. It upsets me that he has now gone into hiding and is not a happy cat, I know he'll recover but I want him back to normal now!

I also had a massage booked at a physiotherapy clinic, I thought about canceling it, but then thought that it would be better to go. It was really helpful and as I lay there I realised that one side was more tense than the other. I had in my mind all of your comments from yesterday about shoes and realised that the side that was most tense/tight was my longer side (I have one leg shorter than the other) which was probably contracting to balance me out when I don't wear my lifted shoes at home. Now it isn't simple to sort this. I am only allowed 3 pairs of shoes lifted a year on the NHS and I have to take them to the hospital. I also need a lot of new shoes as they have decided that I need them at a greater height. However, I do have some shoes which I can clean up which have a smaller lift and would be better than nothing as indoor shoes. So that is my AP task for tomorrow. Then I will keep an eye out for some shoes that are suitable to be lifted (not an easy task! -it is so complicated buying shoes suitable!). So as much as I don't want to and am fighting it, I probably should wear shoes indoors.

Tomorrows babystep is to write everything down. That's another thing I put off. I have never got on with a control journal.. but that's for tomorrows post.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like a good plan, Liz. You're probably getting tense because of 'not' wearing your shoes all day at home, so hopefully that will sort out the problem.

    Control Journals never really worked for me, but a small checklist with Morning Routine and Evening Routine has been a HUGE help (I thought I could manage without/could remember everything!).

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete