Wednesday 2 June 2010

Another AP day and day 2 of Flylady restart

So, I'm going to start with the fact that it is day 2 of flylady. That means get dressed to shoes. I have two 'issues' here which I am going to have to conquer. The first one is that flylady tells you that you should get dressed immediately. I usually go and feed the cat, get some coffee and then have a shower (maybe up to half an hour after I got up). I often go on the computer whilst I drink my coffee. Should I change this routine and go straight to the bathroom? I don't know. I also don't want to upset DH's routine. Maybe I'm one of those people who always have excuses! Secondly, when I lived in Japan I left my shoes in the genkan (entrance way) to the house and got used to it. I cannot stand walking inside with shoes on. Now I've heard Flylady talk to people about it, and I've tried having a pair of indoor shoes, but I just can't get used to it. Plus I think shoes will wear out quicker my new carpet. I know that sounds pathetic, but I'm afraid I just haven't found a viable solution! (I'm also now a bit scared about confessing this!)

Today I didn't get dressed immediately, so I think that that needs to be my target for tomorrow. (Day 3 is shining sink and getting dressed to shoes). I am going to concentrate on the getting dressed immediately and just put off a bit thinking about shoes. On a plus my sink is still clean and shiny. DH even commented on how clean I had got it!

As far as the AP day goes, I didn't have much time today but I did put away my household manuals in their file (that was on the side for a couple of days), clean the sofa and paint my toenails (I always put that off -I don't tend to look after me). Not putting stuff off is definitely getting easier. I just hope that I am able to transfer these skills into my flylady babysteps.

5 comments:

  1. I felt the same way about shoes until I found a pair that I only wear inside. They have silver ribbon laces so they feel extra special (but I wouldn't wear them in public hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phooey about the carpet! LOL You need to put shoes on. I use indoor ærobic shoes or flipflops if it's really, really hot.

    And you have to go straight to the shower. I take my coffee with me and drink it in there! ;D

    Let us know how you get on with shower+shoes. We'll be waiting! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. With regard to wearing shoes indoors, I found it hard too, as I'm pretty particular about taking shoes off at the door etc. So, I have a pair of slip on trainer type shoes at the door if I need to go out and a pair of crocs for indoors. That's what I do. I tried wearing tennis type shoes in the house but I just couldn't. So crocs for indoors and slip on shoes at the door if I need to go out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crocs and socks for me! But the days I actually put proper lace up shoes (trainers) on are the most productive for me! I actually do dance through my day. Suppose i should do it more often! :o)

    ReplyDelete