Wednesday 9 June 2010

Anti procrastination day

Another anti-procrastination day. Last night I started writing a list of anti-procrastination tasks (things I keep putting off) so that I have a goal for getting things done. I wrote it in my newly formed control journal. My control journal is a small hardback notebook which came free with a magazine. It is pretty, although has the name of the magazine on it. I have written in it my routines as they are forming. I have more notebooks like that, and I like the fact that it is small. I can also rip it out and start again as habits change.

Anyway, I decided that today's AP task would be to order some furniture that I have been meaning to order for weeks, but keep forgetting. I had a discount that would run out soon. So that is now done :) There are more AP tasks and I think that I will try and do one at least every couple of days.

As to the babysteps, I am trying to keep doing them. Some days are better than others. I wear shoes more often in the house, I have set up a control journal, I do 2 mins hotspots (different hotspots each day), now I need to do a 5 min room rescue as part of my morning routine. I think that I am going to start using a timer, otherwise I will do less than 5 mins and think, "oh well that will do" or "I don't have time". I do find it difficult that I work, but I think that I need to make time!

Now I am off to do my before bed routine (need to lay those clothes out!) and get to bed as I am tired!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the timer! Where would we be without it? I felt a bit overwhelmed today (had a meeting and was in town so was out of my usual routine) but I set my timer and started on my Morning Routine at 1pm. Felt so much better afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete