Monday 24 May 2010

2 weeks in and the little things count

Well today is two weeks in to this challenge, and it really has been life-changing. Sorry that I haven't updated the blog in the last week but I've been trying to get back in to routines with the cat and just play with him lots too!

Well, the weekend was great. I did my WHB and other things and on Sunday DH and I got that blind up in my study (it has been sat on the landing for 3 weeks!) and we put up some mirrors that have also been waiting for weeks. That makes such a difference!

Whilst I was doing my WHB on Saturday I noticed something, I was beginning to do little extras. The kitchen bin lid was dirty, so I wiped it whilst I emptied the bins, there was a toothpaste splatter on the side of the mirror unit so I cleaned it whilst doing the mirrors, something needed putting away upstairs so when I went to dust upstairs I put it away... Now as I walk around the house I notice how tidier and cleaner it is.

I also had the joy of getting all the washing done again! And I finished Sunday off by getting the spare room made up for my cousin who is coming to stay on Friday. Every time I walk past that room and see it empty and the bed made I smile :)

I still feel like I am not where I want to be with my school work, but as Flylady says it is "progress not perfection"

1 comment:

  1. Well done, Liz! Know what you mean about the bedroom...every time I declutter a space I have to keep going back to look at it! LOL

    ReplyDelete