Tuesday 11 May 2010

day 2 -still work to do

Well, it's the end of day 2 and I am listening to the news, as amazing things unfold in politics. It has been a busy day and I wonder whether I have managed not to procrastinate. I was hoping that writing this would give me the accountability to think about doing things now. Maybe, it will be the reflection which will do so.

We went out for dinner this evening (with other Elise owners), and when we got back I made a hot choc and set the coffee timer. I didn't get distracted first. Does anyone else do that, walk in the door, check messages, check e-mail... and soon 30 minutes has unfolded. So that's a go me moment.

Tomorrow is anti-procrastination day according to flylady. This day always fills me with dread! I always think that I am going to get lots done and then realise I was too busy and all the things that I procrastinate over still didn't get done. So I am going to do something even more scary -I am going to write here that I am going to phone the dentists. I was supposed to make an appointment in January and didn't.... Not sure when in the day I will do it, but I will make time. eeekk!

So having set myself up for hopefully success rather than failure, I am now going to head to bed (it's 9:45), and see whether I can get up in the morning. The thing is, if I don't my DH brings me coffee in bed. Now maybe that's why I don't get up.

1 comment:

  1. Go you for phoning the dentist! It was my AP task last week...a job I *d-r-e-a-d*! LOL But I booked an appointment for early Monday morning and will enjoy a little beer afterwards (my dentist has beer on tap in the waiting room)
    :D

    ReplyDelete