Monday 17 May 2010

Day 8 -becoming a habit

Today has been another amazing day. I feel like I am getting so much more done, both at work and home. I have something lovely to share with you, on Saturday I got all the washing done, and then my DH put some socks in it :( but because I have actually been doing my routines I am actually back to the bottom :)


I know it won't last long, but at least if I can keep up with my routines it won't be too full :)

I am finding it amazing that I am keeping up with my routines, I feel so much more relaxed. Tonight I am going out for a pudding night (you eat dinner at home then go to someone's house for pudding), I am all ready I have cleaned up from dinner, my sink is shiny, the coffee is made for tomorrow. It is actually becoming automatic now to do some of these things. Before I started this I knew that I should do them, and sometimes would but mostly not. I can't wait for the weekend, to see what difference doing my routines during the week makes. I also like walking around my clean house :) for the first time when I see something I need to put away I do it there and then, so it is staying tidier and I feel better about it.

I must thank Diane, because if I hadn't started this I wouldn't feel this good about me. And thank you for reading and following. People's comments have been such an encouragement.

3 comments:

  1. Go Liz! :D

    Another laundry tip: use a smaller laundry basket. Forces you to do the laundry on a daily basis! LOL My laundry basket is half the size of yours, and we are 4 in the household.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish my laundry baskets were empty too. I have two and I still sometimes need more place for it. We are four. Thank you for sharing things like this - it gives me inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Liz, it really is an amazing feeling when the laundry hamper is empty! It doesn't happen to me too often, but wjhen it does, it is a day for celebration LOL

    I don't have a nice laundry hamper (poor me LOL) It is just a big brown cardboard box from moving day, but I found that by putting 2 old pillows in there, it makes it "look" over-full quicker so it's my alarm to get some of it in the machine, and it's always a nice surprise to see the old pillows after just 1 or 2 loads because it really means I have reached the bottom of Mount Washmore!

    keep up the good work, you are being an inspiration to us! :o)

    ReplyDelete