Saturday 15 May 2010

Day 6 -washing day

I thought I'd quickly update my blog before having well-deserved, guilt free, pizza and wine.

Today has been an interesting day as far as AP goes. I have been extremely busy! I had no plans today so decided to catch up on housework and some school work. It's also given me a chance to analyse some of my procrastination tendencies.

Firstly, although I try to follow flylady's idea of a load of washing a day, but sometimes I just forget. So I thought I'd do lots today. I have done 8 loads of washing and almost 3 hours of ironing! Now the ironing isn't actually a huge success because I was using it as procrastination for my school work. I have come to realise that during the week I think "I'll do that at the weekend" but come the weekend I don't want to do it. I need to re-jig my thinking somewhere... I will continue to ponder and see where my journey lands me! Once I realised that I made sure that I at least planned Monday's lessons, so that is not hanging over me. I do wonder whether I can get enough done in the week not to have to do it at the weekend.

Something else I try and do is my 'Weekly home blessing hour'. Flylady's weekly 7 tasks which she schedules for Monday, but I work so try and do it on Saturday. However, I always don't do all of the tasks, I often change the bedding on a Sunday so DH can help. Knowing that tomorrow I am out a lot I decided not to procrastinate and just do it despite DH being out. It took me longer than 10 minutes but I did it. And I got it all washed, ironed and away. (I did have an issue with the airing cupboard door not opening but I used my clubcard and broke in! Nothing was stopping me from finishing the job!).

Wednesday's phone call to the dentists has spurred me to make other phone calls now. Yesterday I phoned the bank to change my address, and today I phoned the breakdown company. Yay!

So, I feel it has been a reasonably good day. I am going to have to deal with my procrastination of school work, but I think that is going to have to be something I think about. I am surprised at how much I have done today, so I hope I can keep it up! Now, that pizza and wine is calling.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, what a productive weekend! I like changing the bedding on a Sunday too - makes the home blessing on Monday so much quicker! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have been very clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work on that airing cupboard! LOL

    Re the bedding, have you ever thought of storing it at the end of the bed, under the mattress? (Flylady's idea) That's where we store ours now (2 sets under each mattress). Makes it soooo much easier to change the bedding if you don't need to go off and hunt it down, find it in the bottom of the pile in the linen cupboard... :)

    ReplyDelete