Monday 10 May 2010

Day 2 -start the day as you mean to go on

My biggest challenge is first thing in the morning. The alarm goes off and it takes me about 30 minutes to get out of bed. Well, this morning it took 15. Better, but I always want to be one of those people who get up on the alarm. Is that really so difficult? I lie there thinking I'll get up in a minute, and then I disappoint myself by taking so long.

I've wondered whether I go to bed too late, but I get 8 hours sleep. Maybe I need more... but I struggle to get to bed much earlier. Tonight I am going out for dinner so that won't happen.

It's been an issue since I was a child, I've tried alarm clocks across the room (I just climb back in to bed), Mum used to use a cold flannel, take away my duvet etc. But now I'm an adult and I need to deal with this myself.

I think that getting out of bed is going to be quite a challenge, and one that I'd like to eventually crack. This is going to be quite a journey, so if you have any suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. You have a coffee machine with a timer don't you? What about getting out of bed as soon as the alarm goes off to go and get a cup (which is already brewed) and just sit for 5mins in the kitchen enjoying it while the birds sing? You might be inspired not to climb back into bed ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve Pavlina has some tips on this - he is the one who introduced me to PolyPhasic Sleeping! Steve Pavlina's Blog

    ReplyDelete