Tuesday 11 May 2010

day 3 Anti-Procrastination day

Anyone who is a follower of flylady will know that Wednesday is anti-procrastination day. The day when you so something that you have been putting off. This is a very important day for me, with my new habit, so I set myself what I thought was the most difficult task which I have been putting off for months: phoning the dentist. This might sound strange but I hate making phone calls, particularly to book appointments and so I put them off. My problem with the dentist was that I was worried that they would have de-registered me as they sent a letter in January telling me it was time for my check-up. Ooops.

So I came home from work at lunchtime today (I had a routine hospital appointment this afternoon) and tried to phone the dentist. ... failure.... they were shut for lunch. Normally I would stop at this moment and give up, but this time I worked out that I could phone just before I needed to go out. I phoned, waited on hold, and eventually got through. I spoke to a lovely lady who told me that all was okay as I had had emergency treatment in October. She booked an appointment for me... and hey presto! My anti-procrastination task was done. What a feeling of elation (and that feeling of why had I not done this before?).

This was like a domino falling over... on the way back from the hospital I picked up a blind I had been meaning to get for a week. I popped into a local vets to talk about my lost cat, and did some housework when I got home. I've got a clean kitchen, laundry done and I caught up on some school work. So now, after my first anti-procrastination day in weeks (possibly months!) I am going to have a bath and get an early night... maybe tomorrow I will not procrastinate with getting up.

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Liz! Isn't it funny how things start rolling when you get one bad job out of the way?

    xo

    ReplyDelete